Saint Peter’s Basilica, Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel
Live a unique experience
This tour allows you to enjoy some of the most famous artistic treasures int he world, including Michelangelo’s frescoed masterpiece on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and his “Last Judgment”. In addition to the famous Chapel, we will explore breathtaking galleries like the Hall of Tapestries and the wonderfully ornate Map Room, Courtyard of the Pinecone, as well as ancient sculpture and mosaics.
After taking the highlights of Vatican Museum you will enter directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, skipping the long line our front, unless there is a Papal Ceremony which will require us to exit from a different gallery and walk around the Vatican wall.
The largest in the World, St. Peter’s Basilica was built atop the ruins of the Roman emperor Constantine’s 4th century basilica and on the tomb of Saint Peter. Bernini’s interior design is awe inspiring, the Mosaic art is astounding and Michelangelo’s “Pietà” will leave you speachless.
You will have a glimpse of the Swiss Guards, the Pope’s famous balcony, Michelangelo’s dome as well as the roof of the Sistine Chapel and the famous chimney where the smoke signals the election of the new Pope.
The tour concludes at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where any outstanding payments will be made. Clients can browse the gift shop for souvenirs. The shop can call a safe regular taxi for you when you have finished or your guide can point yo the direction of a good restaurant or café.
• Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In theses cases your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside.
• Security check is obligatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport Not Required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
• DRESS CODE REQUIRED FOR THE VATICAN: Knees and Shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Skip the line entrance tickets
- Hotel Pick-up
- Headsets from 7/12 people
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Drop-off. Car-Van back can be arranged if you book in advance. Car € 25,00, Van up to 6 € 45,00
- Gratuity if you are pleased with the service