Rome in a day • Imperial & Vatican Itinerary
Live a unique experience
Visit Rome in style – See the highlights all in one day. This tour includes pick up from your hotel, as well as priority entrance (skipping all lines – except mandatory security/metal detector checks.)
You will begin your tour at the Colosseum. Here, your guide will make the world’s most famous amphitheater come to life, explaining its awe-inspiring structure, and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals and crowds, and the clashing swords of gladiators. Recently cleaned and restored, see the Colosseum in all its splendor and glory. After the Colosseum your guide will bring you bring you to the Roman Forum. As the ancient city’s social, governmental, economic and religious center, the Roman Forum was the heart of Ancient Rome.
After this stroll through history, we will take you to one of our favorite Roman restaurants near the Colosseum where you will experience authentic Roman cuisine.
Next, you will visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. The Vatican Museums are one of the world’s most visited museum complexes, and undoubtedly on Rome’s “must see” list. Overflowing with masterpieces by many of the world’s most important Renaissance and Baroque artists, as well as works from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Here, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel sits alongside works by Botticelli, Perugino and Bernini. You’ll skip the entrance line and our guide will lead you through all of the most important galleries, explaining the key masterpieces including the Sistine Chapel, after which you will exit directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church. The tour concludes at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where any outstanding payments will be made.
• Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will explain the Colosseum from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure. NO LIQUIDS, GELS, SPRAYS allowed inside the Colosseum.
• Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. 15 In theses cases your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside.
• Security check is obligatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport Not Required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
• DRESS CODE REQUIRED FOR THE VATICAN: Knees and Shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Pick-up from hotel only
- Skip the line tickets
- Fixed menu brunch or lunch in a typical restaurant
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Drinks or a la carte order at lunch
- Gratuity for guide and driver if you are pleased with the service
- Drop-off. Car- Van back can be arranged if you book in advance. Car: € 25,00 Van up to 6: € 45,00