Rome in a day • Imperial & Vatican Itinerary • Small Group
Live a unique experience
Your guide will lead you to the Colosseum, the world’s most famous amphitheater to life, illustrating its awe-inspiring structure and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals and crowds, and the clashing swords of gladiators. Then you will visit the Roman Forum, the heart of the Ancient Rome, as social, governmental, economic and religious center.
After this stroll through history, you will take a break to one of our favorite Roman restaurants near the Colosseum where you will experience the authentic Roman cuisine. Next, you will visit the Vatican Museums, overflowing with masterpieces by many of the world’s most important Renaissance and Baroque artists, as well as works from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Here, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel sits alongside works by Botticelli, Perugino and Bernini. You will exit directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church.
The tour ends at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where you can spend some time to browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
• Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will illustrate the Colosseum from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure. NO LIQUIDS, GELS, SPRAYS allowed inside the Colosseum.
• Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport not required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
DRESS CODE REQUIRED FOR THE VATICAN: Knees and shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Pick-up from hotel only
- Skip the line tickets
- Fixed menu brunch or lunch in a typical restaurant
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Drinks or a la carte order at lunch
- Gratuity for guide and driver if you are pleased with the service
- Drop-off to the hotel