Rome Highlights in a day • Private
Live a unique experience
Your guide will lead you to the Colosseum, the world’s most famous amphitheater to life, illustrating its awe-inspiring structure and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals and crowds, and the clashing swords of gladiators. Next you will enjoy a stroll through Rome historic center highlights, the Spanish Steps, the iconic Trevi Fountain, the best preserved of the ancient city’s temples – The Pantheon and Piazza Navona, with Bernini masterpiece Fountain of the Four rivers.
Take a break for lunch ( at your own expense ). After this, you will visit the Vatican Museums, overflowing with masterpieces by many of the world’s most important Renaissance and Baroque artists, as well as works from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Here, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel sits alongside works by Botticelli, Perugino and Bernini. After this, you will be lead to St. Peter’ Square to admire the façade of St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church.
The tour ends at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where you can spend about 20 minutes to browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
• Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will illustrate the Colosseum from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure. NO LIQUIDS, GELS, SPRAYS allowed inside the Colosseum.
• Due to Covid-19 safety measures, the corridor that connected the Sistine chapel with the interior of St. Peter’s Basilica has been closed. This means that every visitor must wait in line in order to visit the inside of St. Peter’s Basilica. This tour does not include the visit inside the Basilica. Security check is mandatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport not required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
DRESS CODE REQUIRED FOR THE VATICAN: Knees and shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel
- Transportation between primary destinations
- Skip the line tickets
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Gratuity for guide and driver