The best of Rome all in one day
Live a unique experience
This tour includes pick up from your hotel, as well as priority entrance (skipping all lines – except mandatory security/metal detector checks.)
Your tour will begin at the Colosseum where you guide will bring the world’s most famous amphitheater to life, explaining its awe-inspiring structure, and recreating the days when it was filled with the sounds of roaring animals and crowds, and the clashing swords of gladiators. Recently cleaned and restored, see the Colosseum in all its splendor and glory.
Next, you will also stroll through Rome’s historic center, where the many layers of the city’s history sit side-by-side, and where several of its most iconic sights are found. You will see the brilliantly restored Spanish Steps and the iconic Trevi Fountain, where it is said that the first coin you throw will guarantee your return to Rome; The Pantheon, an architectural masterpiece topped with its vast hemispherical dome, and (somewhat miraculously) the best preserved of the ancient city’s temples and Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the Emperor Domitian’s stadium, and now adorned by Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers.
After exploring the center, you will stop at one of our favorite Roman restaurants to experience authentic Italian cuisine. Next, you will visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. The Vatican Museums are one of the world’s most visited museum complexes, and undoubtedly on Rome’s “must see” list. Overflowing with masterpieces by many of the world’s most important Renaissance and Baroque artists, as well as works from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Here, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel sits alongside works by Botticelli, Perugino and Bernini. You’ll skip the entrance line and our guide will lead you through all of the most important galleries, explaining the key masterpieces including the Sistine Chapel, after which you will exit directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church.
The tour concludes at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where any outstanding payments will be made. Clients will have 20 minutes to browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
• Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will explain the Colosseum 9 from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure. NO LIQUIDS, GELS, SPRAYS allowed inside the Colosseum.
• Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In theses cases your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside. Security check is obligatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport Not Required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
• Dress code required for the Vatican: Knees and Shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel
- Transportation between primary destinations
- Skip the line tickets
- Fixed menu in a typical restaurant
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Gratuity for guide and driver
- Drinks or a la carte order