Rome in a day • Baroque Itinerary
Live a unique experience
See some of Rome’s most precious sites all in one day. You’ll stroll through Rome’s historic center, where the many layers of the city’s history sit side-by-side, and where several of its most iconic sights are found. You will see the brilliantly restored Spanish Steps and the iconic Trevi Fountain, where it is said that the first coin you throw will guarantee your return to Rome; The Pantheon, an architectural masterpiece topped with its vast hemispherical dome, and (somewhat miraculously) the best preserved of the ancient city’s temples and Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the Emperor Domitian’s stadium, and now adorned by Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers. You will also visit the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica. The Vatican Museums are one of the world’s most visited museum complexes, and undoubtedly on Rome’s “must see” list. Overflowing with masterpieces by many of the world’s most important Renaissance and Baroque artists, as well as works from ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. Here, Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel sits alongside works by Botticelli, Perugino and Bernini. You’ll skip the entrance line and our guide will lead you through all of the most important galleries, explaining the key masterpieces including the Sistine Chapel, after which you will exit directly into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Christian church. The tour concludes at our Vatican office and official Vatican gift shop where any outstanding payments will be made. Clients will have 20 minutes to browse the gift shop for souvenirs.
• Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside.
• Security checks are obligatory for everyone entering Vatican City. Passport Not Required although ID proving age associated discounts must be presented.
•DRESS CODE REQUIRED FOR THE VATICAN: Knees and Shoulders must be covered, sandals allowed.
Enjoy the tour with maximum comfort
- Pick-up at hotel
- Transportation between primary destinations
- Skip the line tickets
- Fixed menu in an authentic Roman restaurant
What's not included
Things to know about our tours
- Drinks or a la carte order at lunch
- Gratuity for guide and driver if you are pleased with the service
- Drop-off. Car/Van back can be arranged if you book in advance. Car: € 25,00 Van up to 6: € 45,00